Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Topic 6: Attendance and Timeliness

Task Two:Understanding where your time goes: Keep a time log of how long certain activities take you. Write down each thing you do in the mornings before coming to school or to your service learning site. Determine which of these items could be done faster or at the same time. You may find you waste time in ways you do not even realize.

In the mornings when I wake up I...
Go to the bathroom.
Brush my teeth.
Take a shower.
Get dressed.
Eat some breakfast.
Watch television.
Wake up my daughter.
Bathe her.
Get her dressed.
Feed her.
Play with her.
Then I go to work or school.

What I can do to not waste time is to not watch television. Once I have showered, I can bathe my daughter and get her dressed. Then we can both go eat together. After that if there is time maybe I can play with her for a little while. If not then give her to my mom and go to work or school.



Task Three: I. Discuss a variety of ways you can implement time management into your daily life. II. What would you do if you became overwhelmed with obligations?


What I can do to implement time management into my daily life is to be more organized. Being able to know when I will do things , what time, and know if I will have time to do it. Also waking up early as well. If I need to go out then know where I will be going and get directions if it is my first time going. Being able to multitask because that would really save me some time.

If I became overwhelmed with obligations then I would go crazy. I do not do good when I am overwhelmed. I would need to cut things out for the day. Like anything that can be put out for the next day because I wouldn't be able to finish my tasks quickly. If I did do it quickly then I wouldn't do the things completely right.




Task IV. Blog Post - Service Learning Weekly Journal


I think that for my service learning I have been doing very well because I've been wanting to do my best on working. I had trouble always been late but I figured that if I am getting a new job I need to learn how to not be late. I have been very proud of myself that I have been doing a very good job on reaching my goal to not be late to work. Also I would like to be quicker in things by being able to multitask two things at the same time so I can be quicker, and get more things done. Everyone there is very nice there and they help me out when I do something wrong or don't know what to do.











1 comment:

  1. You seem to manage your time very well, and it is important to take time out to play with your daughter. It is a great trait to be punctual for work and school. It makes a great impression.

    30/30 points.

    ReplyDelete